Pancakes are arguably one of the best breakfasts around. They even have a whole day dedicated to their deliciousness, and it’s only around the corner!
We love this easy pancake recipe here at Evolve, it’s super simple and quick which means everyone can make it. Each time it turns out a little bit different but equally as tasty. As it is such a basic recipe, you can be as creative as you want - you could try it sweet or savoury with some vegan bacon and maple syrup for a yummy brunch dish.
Nothing quite beats the smell of pancakes in the morning (or at any time of the day really)...why not treat yourself or a loved one to a lazy Sunday morning breakfast in bed? It will definitely earn you some brownie points.
This is a vegan pancake recipe so there are no dairy or animal products such as eggs that you may typically find in your classic pancakes. This means that it tends to cook a bit differently - but don’t worry, they still come out as fluffy and as golden as your regular treats!
You can try various dairy free milks - we love almond or hazelnut milks to give it a nutty flavour, fab with chocolate chips. Or what about coconut milk to give it a different taste? Coconut works great with fresh berries like raspberries! You could pop them into the batter whilst cooking or pile them up on top! Alternatively oat milk works great to keep to that classic pancake flavour and makes a great base for any topping - especially more savoury tastes!
To make the most out of this delicious vegan pancake recipe experiment with flavours that you love. You could mix spices into the batter - cinnamon would work great with fruits like banana or apple, or take the vanilla out and add some chopped spring onion into the batter to take it from a breakfast treat to a savoury snack or base for a quick and easy dinner!
- 125g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 240ml non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings! Blueberries, vegan dark chocolate chips, raspberries, bananas, maple syrup, or whatever else you fancy!
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until they're all combined.
- In another medium bowl add all the wet ingredients. Stir together the milk, and vanilla then whisk into the dry bowl!
- Make sure its nice and smooth and let sit for 5 mins.
- Pop your frying pan over a medium heat - you don't want it too hot or you’ll have burnt pancakes! Add in some vegan butter so nothing sticks.
- Pour in the batter for the first pancake - this recipe is for four pancakes but make them as big or small as you want!
- Let sit - as these have no eggs in they might take a bit longer for the pancakes to cook through. Wait until you see little bubbles forming on the top - this is the perfect time to add in some berries or some vegan chocolate chips to your batter!
- Everyone’s favourite part - flip the pancake and cook until its all lovely and golden.
- Serve warm and top with all your favourite toppings!
If you love this recipe why not try out some of our others?