March 22, 2020 1 min read
Here's Laura's homemade chocolate hazelnut spread recipe! Perfect to make with your kids for pancakes, or just for yourself!
We've been making the most of our lazy mornings with no activities by making the children pancakes. Disaster struck today when we ran out of our favourite chocolate hazelnut spread. Cue a frantic search to work out how to make our own! Here is what we came up with! I created this in our thermomix but I have included instructions about how to do this in a regular processor as well.
1. Toast the hazel nuts in a pan for a few minutes.
2. Use a processor or coffee grinder to grind to a smooth powder (for thermomix users, 2 minutes at speed 10).
3. Add the chocolate and grind to a powder (thermomix 30 seconds at speed 5).
4. Transfer to a pan and add the milk and butter, melt gently and stir (thermomix keep in bowl and cook for 5 mins at 50 degrees, speed 4).
5. Transfer mixture back into the processor and add the remaining ingredients, blend until smooth (thermomix 30 seconds, speed 7).
6. Pour into clean jam jars and keep in the fridge.
Adapted from a recipe by chef and divine.
The latest on sales, new products and more