8 TOP GRADUAL TANNER TIPS
Lots of us like a little more colour in the summer, or before a big night out, but we all know that burning in the sun is about the worst thing you can do for your skin.
Save your skin and choose a natural gradual-tannerinstead to make bronzing beautifully super easy:
- Gradual tanners are much easier to use than self tanners as they rarely streak and colour develops more slowly over several applications reducing the likelihood of any uneven colour.
- Before first use, buff your body from top-to-toe with an exfoliator to minimise any dry patches which will pick up more tan. Pay special attention to knees, elbows and feet where colour will pick up easily. Our Tropical Blossom Body Polish leaves the skin super smooth and moisturised and can be used in the shower before your gradual tanner.
- If you depilate, do so the day before you apply to avoid tell-tale stubble marks.
- Use a mitt over a body brush for a ‘DIY’ way to get to hard-to-reach areas such as your back.
- Wash your hands after application to avoid orange palms
- For a natural effect on the hands, run the backs of your hands after you've washed them over your body to prevent a wrist tide mark.
- Use a makeup sponge to apply to your face and pay attention to eyebrows and hairline, where colour can ‘gather’. Use a little dab of moisturiser on both areas to provide a barrier.
- Reapply for several days in a row to gradually build up to your desired colour and then use two or three times a week to maintain your colour.